Wednesday, September 24

Today during Morning Work we colored  pictures of the Three Billy Goats Gruff; examined our pumpkins; looked at books; counted days on our calendar; and had lots of fun waiting for all of our friends to arrive!





After a little bit of time out on the playground, we came back in for our Morning Circle time then got ready for centers.  At Miss Kathleen's center we had another day of mixing paint.  Today we found out that when you mix red and blue, you get purple. At Miss Paula's center we made our October calendars.  They're so cool!  We drew spider webs, then glued on spiders and pumpkins!  At our rug center we played with our big LEGOS and housekeeping again.  Today we had aprons and pot holders and play food!






After we finished snack we had a little bit of extra time so Miss Kathleen got out our parachute.  We did a pretty good job following directions and learning how to use teamwork to make things bounce!  Then we sang and danced to Chicka Boom from Dr. Jean's Keep On Singing and Dancing CD. Here we are singing Hold Your Nose style!



Chicka Boom (Echo chant)
I said a boom chicka boom. 
    I said a boom chicka boom. 
I said a boom chicka boom. 
    I said a boom chicka boom. 
I said a boom chicka rocka chicka rocka 
    chicka boom 
Uh huh! Uh huh! Oh yeah! Oh yeah! 
One more time . . . 

Monster style . . . 
Opera style . . . 
Rock and roll . . . 
Hold your nose . . . 
Underwater . . . 
Leprechaun . .